Please select your product
How do I pair the X1?
Turn the X1 on by pressing the power button on the back, the X1 will announce “Bluetooth” and the light on the back will flash to signal the X1 is in pairing mode.
On your phone or source device search for and select the BlueAnt X1.
How long is the play time on the X1?
The play time depends on the volume, type of music and distance from the source device but you should be able to get up to 10 hrs of play time at 50% volume.
How long does it take to charge the X1?
The X1 takes about 3 hrs to charge using an AC charger, it may take longer when using a computer’s USB port. The lights on the back will flash when charging and go solid when charging is complete.
What is the IP rating of the X1?
The X1 is IP56, splashproof.
Can I use the X1 in the shower?
Yes, providing the charge port cover is closed and you do not put the X1 directly under the water.
How do I use Siri or Google with my X1?
Once your X1 is paired to your phone, simply double click the play button to start Siri or Google.
If you have not used Siri or Google on your phone before you may need to set it up.
What do the 4 lights on the back of the X1 mean?
These show the battery level remaining in the X1, 25% charge per light.
Does the X1 have a microphone?
Yes, the X1 has a built-in microphone so you can take calls or use it with Siri/Google.Simply double click play to activate or cancel Siri/Google.
What is the range of the X1?
This depends on interference and the source device but it is possible to have a 30 metre range.
How many devices can the X1 connect to at the same time?
The X1 connects to one source device at a time.
How do I disconnect my X1 to change source device?
Press and hold the play button for about 8 seconds and the X1 will announce “disconnected”, then connect your other device.
How do I reset the X1?
- With the X1 speaker off please press and hold the power button.
- The start up sound will sound and the led will flash.
- Keep holding the power button until you see the battery indicator lights turn off. Then let go of the power button.
This takes around 6 seconds.
- After the battery indicator lights have turned off the X1 will restart and say "Bluetooth".
- The X1 can now be paired.
How do I answer and end or reject calls on the X1?
- Press the play button to answer a call.
- Press the play button when on a call to end the call.
- To reject a call either double click the play button or press and hold the play button for about 2 seconds when you have an incoming call.
How do I change the volume on the X1?
- Click the plus button to turn up the volume.
- Click the minus button to turn down the volume.
- Everytime you turn on the X1 the volume defaults back to 50%.
How do I skip tracks on the X1?
- Press and hold the plus button for about 1.5 seconds to skip forward a track.
- Press and hold the minus button for about 1.5 seconds to skip backward a track.
How do I use the X1 with an AUX cable?
- When the speaker is powered on the X1 with automatically switch to AUX mode when you plug in the AUX cable.
- When you remove the AUX cable it will automatically switch back to Bluetooth mode.
- When using AUX cable the speaker can only control the speaker volume and not the source volume or tracks.
What is Duo Mode?
DUO mode allows you to connect two X1 speakers together for a wide stereo soundstage.
Duo mode only works when using Bluetooth as the source of the music.
Early models of the X1 did not support Duo mode, please refer to the manual that came with your model, if Duo mode is not listed then your model does not support this feature.
How do I pair the X1 in DUO mode?
To connect two X1 together please follow these instructions:
- Power on the first speaker.
- Press and hold the volume + and volume - buttons for 4 seconds. The speaker will announce "DUO mode pairing" .
- Power on the second speaker.
- Press and hold the volume + and volume - buttons for 4 seconds. The speaker will announce "DUO mode pairing"
- Please wait until one speaker says "DUO mode connected"
- This may take up to one minute. The speakers are now connected to each other.
- The speaker that says "DUO mode connected" is the master speaker, this is the speaker you should pair with your phone.
When in DUO mode the speaker volume is synchronized between the speakers and either speaker can be used to control the music.
When you power off one speaker both will power off.
When powering speakers on, they power on independently.
How do I disconnect the X1 in DUO mode?
- To disconnect two X1 in DUO mode press and hold the volume + and volume - buttons on one of the speakers for 4 seconds.
- The speaker will announce "DUO mode disconnected".
- The speakers will reconnect the next time they are both powered on.
- To stop the speakers from reconnecting please use the DUO mode clearing procedure below.
How do I clear DUO mode on the X1?
- To clear DUO mode on the X1 please press and hold volume + and volume - buttons on one of the speakers for 8 seconds.
- The speaker will announce "DUO mode cleared".
- The speakers will not reconnect the next time they are both powered on and will need to have paired again with the DUO mode pairing process.
Can I use my X1 with my computer or laptop?
- To use the X1 via Bluetooth with your computer or laptop your computer must support A2DP for music playback.
- To use the microphone on the speaker your computer must support HFP or HSP.
- To check what is supported on your computer please check with your computer or laptop manufacturer.
- When using your X1 via AUX cable only playback is supported.
- Control of the music is done on your computer.
- Volume on the speaker only controls the speaker and not the source volume.
How many drivers does the X1 have?
The X1 has two drivers and two passive radiators.
How many Watts is the X1?
The X1 is 14 Watts.
What Bluetooth version is the X1?
The X1 is Bluetooth version 4.2