Please select your product
How do I pre-order the X4 and when will it be delivered?
You can pre-order on the X4 product page here:
Delivery will commence from October 18th, depending on the colour pre-ordered.
How do I pair the X4?
Turn the X4 on by pressing the power button for 1.5 seconds, the X4 will announce “Bluetooth” signifying the X4 is in pairing mode. On your phone or source device search for and select the BlueAnt X4.
What is Party Mode?
Party mode allows you to connect 100 X4 speakers together for a huge sound spread over a wide area, all connected to one master speaker and phone.
How do I pair the X4 in Party mode?
To connect up to 100 X4 together please follow these instructions:
- Power on the first speaker and connect it to your phone.
- Once your phone is connected please press and hold the Party mode button for 4 seconds.
- The speaker will announce "Party mode pairing".
- Power on the second speaker.
- Press and hold the Party mode button on the next speaker for 4 seconds. The speaker will announce "Party mode pairing".
- Please wait until one speaker says "Party mode connected".
- This may take up to one minute.
- The speakers are now connected to each other.
- To add another speaker in Party mode simply power it on and press and hold the party mode button for 4 seconds and the speaker will announce "Party mode pairing" and then "Party mode connected".
- Keep following this process to connect more X4 speakers.
- Up to 100 X4 speakers can be connected in Party mode.
When in Party mode:
- The master speaker is the speaker connected to your source device, such as a phone.
- The master speaker Party mode button flashes so you know it is the master speaker. All other connected Party mode speakers have a solidly lit party mode button.
- The master speaker is the only speaker that can control:
- Bass boost
Each speaker in Party mode can control its own microphone and echo levels.
If you power off the master speaker all speakers connected in Party mode will power off.
When you power on each speaker they power on independently.
How do I disconnect the X4 in Party mode?
- To disconnect an X4 in Party mode press and hold the Party mode disconnect button for 4 seconds on the speaker you wish to disconnect.
- The speaker will announce "Party mode disconnected".
- You can reconnect a speaker in Party mode by pressing and holding the Party mode button for 4 seconds again. The speaker will announce
"Party mode pairing" and then "Party mode connected".
How long is the play time on the X4?
- The X4 has a play time of around 12 hours at 50% volume.
- When used at 100% volume the play time is 5 hours.
- To use the X4 at 100% volume for long periods, please use the supplied rapid charger.
- Battery life will vary based on type of music, level of bass and environmental factors.
- 4 lights - Battery fully charged.
Does the X4 come with a microphone?
The X4 includes a bonus wired microphone.
How long does it take to charge the X4?
The X4 takes about 1.5 hrs to charge using the supplied rapid charger.
What do the 4 lights on the top of the X4 mean?
These show the battery level remaining in the X4, 25% charge per light..
How do I use the built-in Powerbank on my X4?
Simply plug your USB your cable into the Powerbank port on the back of your X4, then plug the other end into your phone.
The X4 provides a 5V1A output.
How do I change the volume on the X4?
Turn the volume dial on the top of the X4 clockwise to increase volume and anti-clockwise to reduce volume..
Every time you power on the X4 the volume defaults back to 25%.
How do I skip tracks on the X4?
Click the skip forward button to skip forward a track.
Click the skip backward button to skip backward a track.
What is the Bass Boost Button on the X4?
Increase the intensity of the Bass with the Bass Boost Button.
Simply press it to feel the bass.
Press the button again to return to Standard EQ.
Every time the X4 powers on it will default to Standard EQ.
How do I control the LEDs on the X4?
Simply press the LED button to switch between light modes or to toggle the LED off.
How many devices can the X4 connect to at the same time?The X4 connects to one source device at a time.
How do I disconnect my X4 to change source device?
Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 1.5 seconds and the X4 will announce “disconnected”, then you can connect your other device.
What IP rating does the X4 have?
The X4 has an IP54 rating, which means it is splash proof, but only when the port cover at the back is closed. Please keep this port closed when not in use.
How do I reset the X4?
- With the X4 speaker off please press and hold the power button until the X4 turns on and keep holding it until the X4 says "powering down".
- This takes around 8 seconds.
- Then let go of the power button.
- The X4 will then power on by itself and can be paired.
How to change the microphone volume on the X4?
The X4 has a microphone input at the back and microphone volume controls on the top right.
The default microphone volume is 1.
This volume resets every time you power on the X4.
When you reach maximum (10) volume or minimum (0) volume the X4 will beep to let you know.
How to change the echo on the microphones on the X4?
Below the microphone volume controls are the echo controls. To increase the echo go up and to decrease the echo go down.
The default echo is 1.
The echo resets every time you power on the X4.
When you reach maximum (10) each or minimum (0) echo the X4 will beep to let you know.
How do I get even more bass from the X4?
If maximum bass is your thing, try these tips to speaker placement indoors.
- When the X4 speaker is placed on the floor (assuming no walls close by), the floor reinforces the bass (+6dB)
- When the X4 speaker is sitting on the floor near a wall, the floor and wall reinforces the bass (+12dB)
- Putting the X4 in a corner give maximum bass reinforcement (+18dB)
- Pair multiple X4 speakers together and place them in the corners of a room for out of this world bass.
- Up to 100 X4 can be connected in Party mode.
How big is the X4?
The X4 is 26cm wide by 27cm deep by 36cm high and weighs 2.6kg.
What colours does the X4 come in?
How many drivers does the X4 have?
The X4 has one Tweeter, one Woofer and a Bass Invertor.
How many Watts is the X4?
The X4 is 50 Watts.
What Bluetooth version is the X4?
The X4 is Bluetooth version 5.0.
What is the range of the X4?
This depends on interference and the source device but it is possible to have a 30 metre range.
Can I use my X4 with my computer or laptop?
- To use the X4 via Bluetooth with your computer or laptop your computer must support A2DP for music playback.
- To check what is supported on your computer please check with your computer or laptop manufacturer.